Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NEW NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION

I'm adding a new resolution to my already-failed 2013 promises.  Let's hope I can keep this one...Doubtful!

As I was doing my post-Christmas cleaning, I came across a box in the upstairs bedroom that had 8 sets of Gina K. stamps that had NEVER made it down to my stamping room.  And that order was from last Spring.  So I hereby announce that I will (try) not to buy any new stamps until I ink up all the stamps I already own.

I couldn't believe that I had forgotten all about that order.  I decided to ink up Gina K's "A Beautiful Life" illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger.  All the images were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on watercolor paper and colored with Twinkling H2O's.

I apologize for the glare on the pictures.  I tried taking the pictures with the flash on, then off, but they all came out the same.  Believe me when I say the tulips on the top are the exact same colors as the ones on the bottom, but the glare made them look different.

On all the cards, I stamped extra butterflies that I cut out and superimposed with foam tape over the butterflies that were stamped on the original frame.

These first cards all use the sympathy phrase that is included in the set.

PURPLES:


On this one, I only used one butterfly and added Sticko Dimensional stickers to balance the image.

 MAUVES:

 On this one, I used pearls from Queen & Company.


PINKS:



These next cards use a wedding phrase from the set.



 Wishing you a beautiful day,
Carlene

3 comments:

  1. ALL great cards, and looks great in every color! That was my New Year's resolution last year, not to buy any more stamps until every stamp set I had saw ink! I failed! I find that I just grab for my favorites and just forget about the rest...Hope you are having a good week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Carlene. So glad you found that stamp cause it makes a beautiful card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh what a fabulous set of card, LOVE the images and the great designs. I would say you "found" a present you gave yourself, lol. What a wonderful find! I have many stamps "waiting" for me to play with them and still feel the need to buy more, lol. So you are not too far off, the only difference is that you got to surprise yourself, lol. Love the colors and your coloring too.

    ReplyDelete