Thursday, June 14, 2012

A New Beginning - June 14, 2012


A NEW BEGINNING


So, on May 26th, I took my first digital pictures of my cards and posted them to my blog.  Then I tried to post them to Splitcoast Stampers.  What a DISASTER!  The website told me my pictures were TOO BIG!  What do you mean…too big!  I took them with a camera…doesn’t  everyone!??  
I found out that this technology-idiot knows even less about cameras than she knows about computers!  After some more head-banging and camera-investigating, I found that you just can’t shoot the perfect picture of your card, you have to put it on something called the “S” setting if you want to get (something called “Pixels”) to be small enough to be accepted to Splitcoast Stampers Gallery.

So I retook every picture and then struggled for 2 weeks to try to post some of my cards to that site.  It is a tough task to try to remember every stamp name, paper and designer paper you used for every card.  In some cases, I was successful; but in others, I couldn’t find any reference to the company.
Low and behold, I was amazed at the number of people who viewed and commented on my cards. What an affirmation and incentive to do better in the future.  Now, if I could only figure out how to post my cards elsewhere!!!

Here are a few of the cards I posted on Splitcoast Stampers.  If you go its “Gallery” and do a search for carleneanne, you can see all the cards I posted.
















No comments:

Post a Comment