Thursday, October 11, 2012

STILL NO COPIC COLORING

I am still a little intimidated by all I learned in the COPIC certification classes I took two weeks ago and haven't picked up a marker since.  I am pouring over my manuals in hopes that I can gain a little confidence before diving into coloring again.

In the meantime, I have been playing with a few different techniques.  Here are the results.  I will post all my supplies in the next day or two on the SplitCoast Gallery where my screen name is carleneanne.

The next 2 cards were done after I watched a wonderful video called "Triple Time Stamping" at dostamping.typepad.com.  What a wonderful resource Dawn is...videos and tutorials to die for!



My favorite stamping store, Bella Art in Johnston, had a sample card that I loved.  The background on it was individually cut and sponged bricks...a little too labor-intensive for me...so I went with a wood-grain, stamped background on this.  Because this image can be used for just about any occasion, I think I made about 20 of these...all with different verses on the fronts and insides.


An experiment with an embossing folder, a die-cut and one stamp.  On this first card, I added some Stickles, but then decided I liked it better plain.  (See card below.)  I can't tell you how easy this was to make...20 cards done, start to finish with decorated envelopes, in one afternoon!


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. All great cards...I know what you mean by coloring with copics...I took a class and I am still a bit intimidated with using them. (but I keep trying that's how we learn...smile) Actually, I let my husband color most of them for me. He really does a nice job with them...(and had more time to practice than I do)

    ReplyDelete